We have 3 main workshop rooms –
The largest workshop room, with a sprung wooden floor,
seats up to 150/175 – a light room suitable for large presentations, art, and physical workshops.
(60’ x 30’, 19.4m x 9.7m)
An elegant, tranquil room with antique grand piano, suited to larger groups, lectures, and concerts,
enhanced in winter by a log-burning stove, or lit by candlelight. Patio doors lead on to a small glass conservatory.
(31’ x 22’, 10m x 7.1m), seated capacity of 80 people.
A peaceful reflective space with a log fire and many old books – a quiet space to sit and think whilst gazing out over the lawn.
The Library also contains sofas and sound equipment so that the room can be used as a workshop space.
(30’ x 20’, 9m x 6.5m), seated capacity of 45 people. (21’9 x 21’6, 7m x 6.9m) seats 35 people.
- Car-parking for around 85 cars
- Coffee Shop in the Courtyard
- CAMPING around the Garden Lawn edge – a flat and beautiful area. Camping Block – Ladies, Gents and Disabled showers & loos, and a kitchen sink for campers, located in the Courtyard
- COURTYARD COTTAGE is available for visiting course leader/teachers, and private retreatants, by arrangement
- AVALON COTTAGE (from autumn 2016) is available for visiting course leader/teachers, and private retreatants, by arrangement
- Dining Room seats – 60 – 84. To seat more people at the same time, we use the Old Hall and Old Smoking Room, and/or erect a marquee outside the Garden Door
- Drawing Room has an extensive collection of books, audios, and videos from around the world
- Garden Fire-pit at the bottom of the Garden Lawn with sit-around logs
- Healing Rooms two – available for visiting therapists
- Laundry We have clothes washing & drying machines available for guest’s use in the Stable Block between 8 am. and 1 pm
- Licensed Bar We have an ‘on-license’ bar for guests on residential courses and functions. The low-price bar opens by request
- Organic Walled Garden and Herb Garden – beyond the Stables
- Projectors Overhead and digital presentation projectors are available freely
- Reception & Registration At the client’s request, we can help receive your guests
- The Library and other Quiet Rooms are available 24 hours/day
- Smoking – The Old Smoking Room is now the Bar. There is an open-air smoking area under the Wellingtonia down the Garden Steps
- Swimming Pool Open-air, heated in summer
- Signed Jogging Route – c. 3 miles / Rounders / Volleyball / Old Squash Court
- Brick barbecue